Tuesday 7 May 2019

The Power of Positive Thinking and Desires.

I remember reading the book "The Secret" some years ago, based on the recommendation of my former boss, who ensured all his employees read it. He was of the opinion that reading that book will positively affect our productivity at work. I am not sure if it affected my productivity, but I am sure that it had a profound effect on me.

Controlling our thoughts is one of the most difficult skills to master. I for example, found it extremely difficult to ponder on a thought for long. I often got distracted by things around me, my mind wanders off to so many places, and routine activities. I find myself thinking about what to make for diner, if I have booked after school for my son? so many things go through my mind per second. I often joke that my mind is like a laptop with so many tabs open.

My post today is not just about being focused on a thought, but rather just like "The Secret", its about thinking positive and uplifting thoughts. It is about creating positive energy though our thoughts, and sending it into the atmosphere, which in turn will bring positive things into our lives.

Some months ago, I wrote a post on "In Favour of Flexibility".  You can read it here . At the time of writing that post, I was a jobless , stay-at-home mum, who occasionally volunteered at a non-profit organisation. I had relocated to a new country, gotten pregnant, and subsequently been off work for over 3 years raising a family. I was keen on getting back into the workforce. I was told by some people, how it would be hard for me to get a professional role, even with my previous experience, because I had no UK work experience. But, I had a strong desire of what kind of job I wanted. I wanted a job that will enable me to grow, I wanted an industry that will force me to learn new things, most importantly, I wanted to have time for my family. I consciously thought about how I would want my work-life to be balanced. I was serious about wanting a career as a woman as well as wanting to be actively involved in my children's life. Those were my thoughts and my desires. I even went as far as putting it to paper by writing about it.

Well, it shouldn't come as a surprise that, within 3 months of that post, I got a good job in a reputable organization. A job that provides the work-life balance I so earnestly desired and put into the universe through my thoughts. I attribute this to the energy I sent into the atmosphere and the work done to prepare myself for the job.

As a person, I do not follow the full guidelines stated in "The Secret", but one thing I do, is think positive thoughts, I day dream about the kind of life I want. I have a mental picture of where I would like to be, what I would like to achieve, and things I would like to do. I think about it, wish for it, work towards it and pray about it.

Like Earl Nightingale said "We become what we think about".

Action Point: Dream Big. Think about the best you can achieve, and start working towards it.

One Love

2 comments:

I love to hear from you.